Spring Intern, Sports Programming - Part-time
Position Type: Internship
Session: Spring 2021 (February 1- April 23, 2021)
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
SiriusXM + Pandora is looking for interns with production experience and a passion for sports to join our team. Learn the ins and outs of the entire sports department by gaining live experience in studio, in the Sports Newsroom, and the play-by-play department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn and assist with daily operations for a sports radio show.
• Interact with on-air talent such as Christopher “Mad Dog” Russo, Adam Schein, and Nick Wright.
• Edit on-air segments for social media and upload content for Facebook, Twitter, and SoundCloud.
• Create promos and audiograms using digital editing software.
• Run the sound board for a live show.
• Help book guest for the channel by contacting current and former professional athletes, coaches, and media members.
• Perform show preparation for on-air talent by brainstorming with producers and on-air talent on segment ideas and content.
• Assist with the show report.
• Work with the Sports Newsroom on grabbing sports highlights, press conferences, and other audio clips.
• Interact with listeners through social media and on-air phone screening.
• Participate in on-air content.
• Perform other duties as required.
• You must be 18 years of age or older.
• Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
• Broadcast communications or related majors preferred.
• Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
• Experience in radio/TV preferred.
• Experience with digital media systems a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Good project management and planning skills.
• Good personnel management skills.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
• Familiar with SiriusXM + Pandora programming.
• Knowledge and interest in sports.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software is a plus.
• Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition) preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.