Intern - Content Developer
The GoDaddy Digital Care team, based in Kirkland, Washington, is seeking an intern to join their team in Summer 2021. Qualified interns should be experienced and technically adept writers with a passion for communication and technology. You will work directly with product and field teams to develop content that describes complex products in a natural and intuitive way. We're looking for a Content Development Intern to work directly with product teams to write How-to support articles and conversational scripts for our self-help chatbot. You’ll have a vital role in helping small business owners establish and maintain their digital presence.
If you're articulate, technical, creative, and an early adopter that thrives on deriving clarity from ambiguity and is obsessed with helping others succeed, this is the job for you. Join our team and help us build self-assisted experiences and a conversational interface that helps customers establish and maintain their digital presence. Please submit any writing samples that showcase your work.
What you'll get to do...
- Work with product, field teams, and engineering to craft and write effective online help and other content experiences.
- Design and script chatbot conversations and analyze user data to train the language model.
- Wade through customer and support data to understand and identify customer intents, shape content strategies, and recommend changes in product designs.
- Simplify intensely complex concepts into tightly constrained, enjoyable dialog.
- Create support content for complex, simultaneous multi-variable scenarios.
- Communicate and collaborate with product and support teams with subject matter expertise.
- Monitor customer usage data and revise content to improve customer outcomes.
- Participate and contribute to the team's evolving processes and workflows.
- Challenge product team understanding of customer issues to enable alternative solutions for designing and building features.
Your experience should include...
- Excellent writer and overall communicator including experience editing content for grammar, accuracy, efficiency, etc.
- Experience writing scripts, screenplays, video game stories, UX copy, online help, or eLearning courses.
- Familiarity using data to identify and solve problems.
- Experience with structured content development and content architecture.
- Ability to learn complex software applications quickly and explain them clearly.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.