Business Marketing Internship - Spring 2021
Business Marketing Intern Job Description
SOFWERX is a venue operated under an agreement between the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) and the DefenseWERX, designed to increase collaboration and innovation in order to solve the most difficult warfighter problems. SOFWERX is a forum for accelerating delivery of innovative capability, and facilitating capability refinement through exploration, experimentation, and assessment of promising technology. SOFWERX is in the heart of Ybor City, at a neutral, easily accessible facility.
- Assist in developing and implementing marketing, business development and public relations plans
- Assist in coordinating various marketing methods including direct mail, print ads, networking, internet, social media, and developing new methods of marketing
- Assist or lead in the planning and execution of events at SOFWERX
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Proficient in Adobe Professional Applications with ability to design marketing and promotional item
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in graphic design, art, marketing, communications or a similar major
- Junior, Senior Undergraduate or Graduate level, with current GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop)
- Hours of operation are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday
- Position requires a minimum of 15 hours and a maximum of 20 hours per week in the Spring semester.
- Receive direct supervision from the lead Event Planner
- Engage in employee events, such as team building
- Build resume and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Upon successful completion of internship, will be provided with letter of recommendation
Rate of Pay:
- $13-$15 per hour depending on experience and year in school
*Please be advised that this internship is intended to be in person & SOFWERX does not provide housing or relocation fees*