Social Media Intern (Paid, Remote)
Squishable, a leading manufacturer of plush toys and related accessories, is seeking a Social Media Intern for the 2020 holiday season. The Social Media Intern is responsible for engaging with customers across all social media platforms and working with our Social Media team on social media campaigns. If you're a self-motivated quick learner, with impeccable attention to detail, who isn’t afraid of hard work and enjoys cute, fluffy toys then this is the job for you!
This position is fully remote. While Squishable has offices in New York, NY and Washington, DC, our teams are currently working remotely due to COVID restrictions.
The position is expected to run from late October through late December, for 18-24 hours per week. Employee hours can be flexible around class schedules, but candidate must be available at least half days on Mondays.
Primary responsibilities of the Social Media Intern include:
- Interacting with Squishable’s 1+ million fans on Facebook and Instagram, including responding to product and customer support questions
- Monitoring Squishable’s sponsored posts on social media
- Helping generate and implement new paid campaign ideas
- Reviewing influencer posts and campaigns
- Great attention to detail with strong written communication skills.
- Ability to learn “corporate voice”
- Excellent “bedside manner” when responding to social media posts or complaints.
- Ability to self-motivate and stay on task throughout the work day without direct supervision.
- Legally able to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and a link to either your outward-facing social media presence or another social media site you have worked on.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Intern
Pay: $15.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Squishable's NYC and DC offices are operating remotely for the foreseeable future.