Arabella Advisors seeks an entrepreneurial, socially engaged professional to help our clients launch and manage innovative social sector projects. If you want the opportunity to work with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial team reshaping the charitable sector, then this job is for you. The Salesforce Administrator will support and innovate our Salesforces instance and work with internal teams to optimize their work. You will be working closely with program staff and other key stakeholders who manage a diverse portfolio of projects focused on affecting national and global change. They will rely on your operations, relationship management and systems expertise to enable their efficiency and effectiveness.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
Support Managed Organization use of Salesforce by:
- Identifying opportunities for improvements and serving as project manager for MO-related salesforce system improvements
- Designing and leading staff trainings, creating related resources and running bi-weekly office hours
- Lead and motivate staff and clients to develop and implement meaningful use of our technology, and provide related trouble-shooting support
- Identify patterns in requests and where appropriate propose & implement solutions
- Maintain systems and process documentation and data quality
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with technology stakeholders across the organization; ensure understanding of impact across all platforms and teams of system improvements
- Collaborate with broader Salesforce team, to determine priorities and ensure alignment across the firm
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in technology, business analysis, and/or project management roles
- Strong understanding of Salesforce and process improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness in problem solving including ability to understand and fully incorporate the perspectives of others
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills - ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to forge and maintain strong ongoing relationships and to engage multiple stakeholders
- Experience or interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations and management
Other Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Degree in technology, mathematics, business, finance or other related field
- Salesforce Certification
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective.
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs.
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s Managed Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health and civic engagement.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Working with US
While this position must be based in Durham, NC, please note that due to COVID-19, all Arabella Advisors' offices are closed, and we remain a remote-first organization until further notice. We have a strong firm culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. To that end, once our offices reopen it is our expectation that all staff will generally work from the office according to a schedule agreed upon with their supervisor.
We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our base salaries are based on a blend of similar sized organizations from different sectors, including nonprofits, foundations, and professional service firms. They are also based on local market rates and differentiated by geography. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday. Our competitive health package includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance, and our retirement package includes a 401(k) plan that is fully vested from day one. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Note: The internal title for this position is Technology Manager.