At The Center for Youth and Family Solutions, we pride ourselves in believing in the enduring strength, creativity, and perseverance of the human and community spirit. We feel very strongly about:
- Achieving solutions in collaboration with those that have been touched by trauma, grief and loss, abuse and neglect, and other significant life challenges
- Acknowledging, embracing and utilizing the diversity of those we serve and serve with;
- Treating everyone with dignity, compassion and respect.
If you feel equally strong about those sentiments, we encourage you to apply to be a Family Caseworker in the Foster Care Program. A family caseworker delivers strengths-based, client-centered and trauma informed services to families experiencing abuse or neglect. The goal of the family worker is to reunite families and create permanency for youth in the foster care system. In order to do so, a family worker must have excellent engagement skills with parents, foster parents and children who are affected or working with youth affected by trauma, addiction, abuse or other social issues. Other important qualities would include: exemplary time management skills, working with diverse populations, problem solving skills, de-escalation skills, ability to prioritize, strong writing skills and being resilient in crisis situations.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Highly preferred in social work or human service degree as per current DCFS licensing standards
- Must meet requirements to become Licensed Direct Child Welfare Service Provider.
- Child welfare experience preferred
- Must pass DCFS background check
- Valid driver's license, insured vehicle, clean driving record, and three years of driving experience
- Competitive compensation
- Choice of 4 medical plans including PPO and high deductible plans with HSA
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation, sick and personal days
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer paid life insurance and LTD
- Flexible spending plan and dependent care plan
To view a video about working in our Child Welfare Program click here
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.