Document Coordinator – PK/TK
Do you have a passion for Science? Are you detail-oriented? Do you enjoy editing? Please keep reading…
We have a great opportunity for a Document Coordinator in our Pharmacokinetic/Toxicokinetic (PK/TK) Department in Madison, WI. Covance’s work in developing new drugs, vaccines and medical devices have an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
This position offers the opportunity to learn pharmacokinetics and toxicokinetics from the ground up, while gaining invaluable understanding of the nonclinical phase of drug development. We are seeking motivated individuals who are interested in building a career with Covance and the PK/TK team. This position offers a detailed and structured career pathway that provides the opportunity for rapid and accelerated advancement for determined individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns to read and understand study protocols, sample analysis outlines, amendments, study schedules, regulatory requirements, and Covance SOPs/P&Ps as they pertain to client deliverables (i.e. shipping, archival, data retrieval, and compilation etc.)
- Learns to prepare and proof required paperwork for document and/or supply shipments in a timely, efficient and error-free manner
- Learns client-specific requirements for cover letters, inventories, or additional materials, as appropriate
- Works with Study Coordinators (SCs) and Analytical Coordinators (ACs), as appropriate, to prepare, monitor, maintain and understand the finalization/archival scheduling mechanism and successfully performs applicable tasks around study archival
- Notifies necessary personnel of study finalization/archival
- Assists in gathering required paper/electronic items for archival
- Prepares and proofs required paperwork in a timely, efficient and error-free manner
- Learns to proof tables and figures prepared by others
- Learns and successfully performs applicable tasks around table and figure preparation, including proficiency with applicable data collection systems and preparation software
- Learns and successfully performs report to data QC of at least one study type.
- Schedules study phases in coordination with SD/PI and lab operations.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree a plus; Science, English, Writing or related field a plus.
- Passion for science and improving the health of others.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- No previous industry experience required.
- Ability to learn/utilize word processing software, database, spreadsheet and specialized software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage time.