Virtual Technical Writing Intern, Spring 2021
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Direct-to-Consumer Technology is hiring a Technical Writing intern to learn about and assist with documenting modern web app infrastructure and internal comms, to support our organization of engineers, Technical Program Managers, and Designers building a brand new, massive-scale, multi-platform streaming media experience.
Who you are
As the ideal candidate, you have a strong intuitive grasp of modern web writing, plus you’re low-ego, assertive, open to feedback, and gregarious. You have strong opinions, and you’re willing to change your mind if someone shows you the data.
What you’ll do
You’ll use your skills to author, organize, and socialize excellent content for our internal audience--from wikis to how-tos to videos and more. You’ll partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand what’s needed and to get the details right. Plus, you’ll solicit feedback and measure outcomes in order to ensure the docs you produce hit the mark.
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a related degree (i.e. English, Journalism, Philosophy, or Technology).
· Exceptional communication abilities, both written and verbal.
· In-depth knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· Strong organizational skills, and ability to work to deadlines.
· Strong social skills, to find and execute work that involves coordinating inputs from multiple individuals, and then advocating for and socializing that work
· Technical writing experience (or courses taken)
· Adjacent technical skills (computer science, design/UX, etc)
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.