Social Media Intern
Are you creative and like to think outside the box? Do you know a thing or two about social media? Do you want to see your work make a difference in the lives of others? Are you currently pursuing a degree in marketing? If yes, Catholic Charities Madison great opportunity for you to join our team as a paid marketing intern. Catholic Charities provides more than an internship. Join our team and realize your potential by doing work that matters. You will gain valuable industry experience, develop your professional network, and take part in community giving with your peers.
You will gain real work experience while working with our Development and Communications Team. Catholic Charities Madison serves over 35,000 people annually in 11 counties of Southern Wisconsin.
You will have the chance to make an impact and see the effect of your work and ideas carried out with flexibility, in an environment and creative culture you can help influence and create.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide social media marketing and digital content support to the team
- Engagement & social listening
- Assist in coordinating shoots, marketing events, etc
- Copywriting for various marketing pieces
- Learn other business functions through shadowing other departments
- Working towards a degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- A creative mind and great communicator with excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with web content and social media
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of the design process, and working knowledge of digital photography
- Ability to work collaboratively with several individuals at numerous professional and experience levels
- Handle various assignments which may include web analytics, web content writing, social media, and virtual events.
- Technical command of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with creating content for digital media (Banner ads, Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp, YouTube, etc.)
- Motivated, self-directed and detail-oriented
- Passion for quality work and a desire to learn